Watermelon is one of my favorite fruits, partially because of its association with a warm summer day. There is nothing refreshing than a fresh cold slice of dripping watermelon with plenty to share with friends. This grown up way to serve watermelon is also nice to share with friends. Add a nice glass of sparkling wine and you are ready for Sunday brunch. And for a little twist, try adding some feta crumbles and this salad is all you’ll need for a light lunch.
- 3" Round slice of a medium-sized Watermelon (or 5 cups cubes and deseeded and rind removed)
- 2 Medium Oranges, peeled, deseeded and cut into half rounds
- 1/2 Red Onion, peeled and cut into rounds
- 7 Fresh Basil leaves, chopped
- Balsamic Vinegar and Extra Virgin Olive Oil (to drizzle)
- Assemble the watermelon slices on a plate.
- Layer on the orange, onion and basil leaves
- Drizzle with good quality Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar
- Optional: Add Fresh Mint and/or Feta Cheese
Visit our food finds/recipe section to see our collection of recipes inspired by our travels around the world. And for tips (based on our 2 years of full-time travel and counting) see our resources section.
A few other recipes you might like to create a complete brunch, picnic or summer party menu:
Pin It For Later
Note: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links, which means that if you click on them or make a purchase, we may receive a small referral fee at NO COST to you. So click away! And thanks so much if you do – we sincerely appreciate the support.