Watermelon is one of my favorite fruits, partially because of its association with a warm summer day. There is nothing refreshing than a fresh cold slice of dripping watermelon with plenty to share with friends. This grown up way to serve watermelon is also nice to share with friends. Add a nice glass of sparkling wine and you are ready for Sunday brunch. And for a little twist, try adding some feta crumbles and this salad is all you’ll need for a light lunch.
Here are a few additional salad recipes that you might enjoy
- 3 " Round slice of a medium-sized Watermelon, or 5 cups cubes and deseeded and rind removed
- 2 Medium Oranges, peeled, deseeded and cut into half rounds
- 1/2 Red Onion, peeled and cut into rounds
- 7 Fresh Basil leaves, chopped
- Balsamic Vinegar and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to drizzle
- Assemble the watermelon slices on a plate.
- Layer on the orange, onion and basil leaves
- Drizzle with good quality Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar
- Optional: Add Fresh Mint and/or Feta Cheese
Pin It For Later