Tom Kha Gai, or Spicy Thai Chicken and Coconut Milk Soup, is a recipe where all of the favorite flavors of Thailand come together.
Fresh ginger, lemongrass, chili peppers and lime leaves combined with creamy coconut milk is one delicious bowl of spicy Thai soup.
Despite the complexity of flavors in this dish, its actually quite easy to make.
Pin or bookmark the recipe for later!
Here are some additional Asian inspired recipes that you might enjoy!
- 1 Cup Chicken Breast Cut into 1" cubes
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Water
- 12 Thin Slices Galangal (or Fresh Ginger)
- 2 Stalks Lemongrass cut into 2" sections
- 4 Straw Mushrooms - quartered
- 6 Kaffir Lime Leaves (stem removed)
- 1/2 Cup Green Onion Diced
- 1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce (Nam Pla)
- Juice 1/2 Lime
- 1 Shallot, diced
- 2 Bird's Eye Chilies (diced)
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes
- Cilantro (as a garnish)
- Add coconut milk and water to a pan or wok over medium heat.
- Once the liquid begins to boil, add the chicken, lemongrass, galangal, lime leaves, chilies, shallot and mushrooms.
- Stir occasionally until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the fish sauce, lime juice and tomato. Allow the soup to simmer for another minute, and then add the cilantro and serve.
Some of the links on this article are affiliate links, which means that if you click on them and make a purchase, we receive a small referral fee. If you find the links useful and do make a purchase, thanks so much for your support!