Tagliatelle All Arancia (Tagliatelle all’arancia) is a creamy pasta dish with fresh parmesan cheese and toasted breadcrumbs seasoned with orange zest.
The delicate flavor and aroma of the pasta makes it a refreshing change from standard tomato or cream sauces and is perfect for a special occasion or as an easy weekday meal.
We were introduced to Tagliatelle All Arancia, translated to Orange Tagliatelle, during a cooking party in Prague.
The host, Daniele Toniolo, is an Italian Chef who hosts a Cook And Meet event every Thursday evening.
Guests pay a fee in order to participate and indulge in Daniele’s hospitality, the imported foods from his travels to Italy, and his talents as a Chef.
The event draws a multicultural crowd of adventurous people who love food and travel. If your own travels bring you to Prague, I recommend you join the party!
In the mean time, enjoy the recipe Daniele has graciously provided. He also does guided tours of several regions of his homeland.
I can’t imagine a better way of seeing Italy that being shown around by a Chef! Buon Appetito!
Here are some additional Italian inspired recipes you might enjoy:
- 3/4 Cup (200 ml) Heavy Cream
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 2 Tablespoons (28 g) Butter
- 1 Large Organic Orange
- 4 Tablespoons (25 g) Plain Breadcrumbs
- 8 Tablespoons (117 g) grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Grana Pagano Cheese
- 1 Pound (.45 kg) Tagliatelle Pasta
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Mix together the heavy cream, egg yolks and grated cheese in a bowl. Season with white pepper and salt. Set aside.
- Grate the orange peel. You can either use a regular grater or remove the peel with a potato peeler and then slice it into thin strings. Be sure to not remove any of the white pith.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan and add the breadcrumbs. Toast them over medium heat for a few minutes until they become crumbly and golden.
- Then add the orange peel and toast for a few more minutes. You should start to smell the fantastic aroma of the orange peel. Set aside.
- Bring plenty of water to the boil and cook the pasta until “al dente”. Once ready, strain it and return it to the pot.
- Put the pot with the pasta back on the stove over very low heat. Pour the cream and yolk mixture over the pasta and mix gently, until the sauce starts to coat the pasta.
- Remove from the stove and add the chopped parsley. Also mix in about half of the toasted breadcrumbs.
Amount Per Serving Calories 616Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 290mgSodium 524mgCarbohydrates 70gFiber .3gSugar ,5gProtein 25g