Making stuffed eggs (or deviled eggs) are an American Classic. Making them always reminds me of summer. We always had them with picnics or especially on the 4th of July.
Stuffed eggs typically weren’t an everyday dish – when Mom started making the eggs it meant we were getting ready for a party. Summer wouldn’t be the same without them.
This version was my family’s favorite. A savory stuffed egg loaded with lots of bacon.
If you enjoy the flavors in this recipe, also consider our potato salad recipe, which also features eggs and bacon!
Here are some additional appetizer recipes you might enjoy
Stuffed Deviled Eggs with Bacon
Stuffed Deviled Eggs with Bacon - a classic American recipe. The savory eggs are a perfect appetizer or easy high protein snack.
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 5 Pieces Bacon - cooked extra crispy and crumbled
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons (7.5 g) Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon (5 ml) Worcestershire Sauce
- 6 Tablespoons (86 g) Mayonnaise, make sure sugar is not the first ingredient
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- For 12 stuffed eggs
- Make sure all of the ingredients are cool to room temperature before assembling the eggs
- Shell and cut each egg in half
- Scoop out the yolks into a small bowl and the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and mayonnaise. Blend until creamy.
- Add the crumbled bacon, reserving some to sprinkle on top.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mix thoroughly.
- Add enough stuffing to fill the egg and mound slightly.
- Place them on a flat plate and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 68Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 98mgSodium 191mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 5g
Nutritional Values are Estimates Only