Making stuffed eggs (or deviled eggs) are an American Classic. Making them always reminds me of summer. We always had them with picnics or especially on the 4th of July. Stuffed eggs typically weren’t an everyday dish – when Mom started making the eggs it meant we were getting ready for a party. Summer wouldn’t be the same without them. This version was my family’s favorite. A savory stuffed egg loaded with lots of bacon.
- 6 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 5 Pieces Bacon - cooked extra crispy and crumbled
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 6 Tablespoons Mayonnaise (make sure sugar is not the first ingredient)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- For 12 stuffed eggs
- Make sure all of the ingredients are cool to room temperature before assembling the eggs
- Shell and cut each egg in half
- Scoop out the yolks into a small bowl and the mustard, worcestershire sauce and mayonnaise. Blend until creamy.
- Add the crumbled bacon, reserving some to sprinkle on top.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mix thoroughly.
- Add enough stuffing to fill the egg and mound slightly.
- Place them on a flat plate and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
You can visit our food finds/recipe section to view our collection of recipes inspired from our travels around the world.
Pin it for later
Note: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links, which means that if you click on them or make a purchase, we may receive a small referral fee at no cost to you. So click away! And thank you if you do, we sincerely appreciate your support.