I first made this salad when trying to figure out what to do with a fig flavored balsamic vinegar that I received as a gift.
Since then it has become a household favorite, even when I only have regular balsamic on hand.
Don’t forget to pin or bookmark the recipe for later
The fresh bright flavors make a wonderfully refreshing appetizer or light meal, especially on hot summer days.
The tart cranberries pair perfectly with the sweet fruit and salty feta cheese. The flavors are elevated rather than overpowered by the dark aged vinegar.
Related recipes you might enjoy!
Serves 5 – 6 as a side salad or appetizer and 2 as a main dish.
- 5 Cups Romaine Lettuce, Washed and Chopped
- 1/2 Small White Onion, Sliced
- 1 Seedless Orange, Peeled And Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Strawberries
- 1 Large Carrot, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Purple Cabbage, Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cherries or Cranberries
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese - Crumbled
- Balsamic Vinegar, fruit flavored, such as fig or raspberry if available
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Arrange the Lettuce in the bottom a salad bowl. Layer on the fruit and vegetables and top with the walnuts and feta cheese. Serve with oil and vinegar to drizzle over the top.
Amount Per Serving Calories 238Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 17mgSodium 188mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 5gSugar 18gProtein 6g
Visit our Food Finds section to see our full collection of recipes inspired by our ongoing travels around the world!