I’m probably like most of you. The idea of making my own salad dressing, when there are so many in easy reach on the grocers shelf, seems like a waste of precious time. But here’s an idea that will elevate your salad to a new level – by using the ingredients that you were going to use in the salad to make the dressing.
This easy recipe blends together everything for a perfect summer salad, with a few simple additions. And the citrus and ginger flavor combination is addicting!
Here are a few additional salad recipes you might enjoy:
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1/2 medium orange
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 1 small clove garlic (skin removed)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- juice 1/2 lime
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 spicy chili pepper, such as Serrano (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. It's ready to use! The ingredients used to the make the dressing go together perfectly to make a salad. Add a protein of your choice (like grilled shrimp or chicken) for a heartier meal.
You can find our collection of travel-inspired recipe in our International Recipes