Pad Thai is one of our favorite Thai noodle dishes.
It’s slightly sweet flavor along with the tangy lime and crunchy peanuts are a winning combination that puts this comfort food at the top of many people’s favorite Thai dishes.
Best of all, it’s really easy to make this dish at home.
Pin the recipe for later!
Here are some additional Asian inspired recipes you might enjoy!
- 6 Ounces Dry Rice Noodles
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil, neutral flavor - not sesame or olive
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar, Palm or Brown
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 4 Teaspoons Fish Sauce, Nam Pla Use Mushroom Sauce for vegetarian recipes or as a substitute
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Tamarind Paste, or white vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Firm Tofu, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 12 Medium Sized Shrimp, Washed and De-veined (optional)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Red Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Roasted Peanuts
- Lime Wedges and Bean Sprouts as a Garnish
- Soak the rice noodles in warm tap water for 20 minutes (do not boil).
- Add the oil to a wok or saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until it begins to brown.
- Add the tofu and shrimp and cook for approximately 4 minutes, until the shrimp is cooked through if you have opted to use them.
- Crack the eggs into the wok and stir until scrambled
- Add the noodles, fish sauce, sugar, red pepper, 1/2 of the ground peanuts and tamarind paste. Continue to stir until the noodles become soft and translucent.
- Garnish with green onions, bean sprout, ground peanuts and lime.
- Serve and enjoy!
Other related articles about travel in Thailand that you might enjoy:
Thank you to our friends at the Silom Cooking School in Bangkok for providing us with the basis for this recipe.