Having these little mini crustless quiches around is a delicious way to make sure you have a good high protein snack ready whenever you need one. We’re always looking for quick breakfast options as well, so making these ahead of time is a great option.
I like to pop one in the microwave in the morning or grab one for a quick lunch when I’m in a hurry. They are filling and so delicious! You can also lighten up the recipe by using lower fat cheese and milk.
You can change things up by using a different flavor combination, such as bacon and leek, broccoli and spinach or maybe mushroom and onion. Best of all they are very easy to make, and if you decide to use cupcake liners, clean up is a snap!
If you want to check out another crustless quiche recipe, our budinca de dovlecei zucchini pie is a great option!
Pin or bookmark the recipe for later!
Check out some of our other breakfast recipes!
- 1 Small Onion - diced
- 1 Medium Zucchini - diced
- 1 Large Carrot - diced
- 7 eggs
- 295 ml or 1 ¼ Cup Heavy Cream or Half and Half
- 200g or 2 cups grated Swiss Cheese
- Dash hot sauce, optional
- Add the onion to a skillet over medium heat. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and continue to cook for another 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook until the carrots and onions are soft.
- Set aside and allow to cool.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and whisk until the yolks and whites are fully combined.
- Then stir in the cream and most of the cheese (reserve some to sprinkle on top)
- Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper cupcake liners.
- Ladle the egg mixture into the tins and fill each one until it is near full. The quiches will expand slightly with cooking.
- Sprinkle each with cheese.
- Add to a 350 degree (176 C) preheated over and bake until the top is golden brown (about 30 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
These mini zucchini quiches can be ket in the refridgerator for a week.
Amount Per Serving Calories 202Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 154mgSodium 64mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 10g