Good news! It’s perfectly possible to make smooth creamy homemade ice cream, without an ice cream machine or manual churning. That’s right, no chunks of ice or runny liquid, or the need to track down a bag of rock salt. The secret is using a can of sweet condensed milk. Better yet, this recipe is actually pretty easy to make. I’ve included the recipe for one of my favorite ice creams, cheesecake, that has an added bonus of fresh lemon zest and graham cracker crumbles. It is so good we have to make it when we know that there are people coming over so we don’t eat the whole container by ourselves. Try a few other variations by adding chocolate or cinnamon flavored graham crackers.
Makes 8 servings
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream, Cold
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 14 oz Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1-2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Zest, (optional)
- 1 Cup Graham Crackers, Crumbled
- Whisk whipping cream using using an egg beater or whisk attachment to a hand blender. This can also be done by hand but will take more time. Continue to whisk until firm peaks appear. Set aside
- In a separate bowl, combine the lemon zest, vanilla and softened cream cheese and evaporated milk.
- Gently fold the whip cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add about 1/3 if the cream mixture to a freezer safe container. Sprinkle 1/3 of the crumbled graham crackers and repeat until done. Cover and transfer to the freezer
- Freeze a minimum of 8 hours before serving.
Feel free to browse our full collection of international recipes inspired by our ongoing travels around the world.
Related recipes you might enjoy:
Pin it for later!