Nothing takes bland to bold more quickly than a fresh salsa. It can dress up anything from a humble plain tortilla chip, add a huge dose of flavor to a simple garden salad, or bring grilled foods to a whole new level. Best yet, salsas can pull this off while adding few calories and little, if any, fat.
This spicy mango Serrano chile salsa is a star in every instance. The sweet mango is paired with crunchy red pepper and onion, then joined with light acidic notes from the fresh lime and tomato. The flavor is rounded out with a spicy kick from fresh Serrano chili peppers.
Add the recipe to your collection on Pinterest or bookmark for later
This fresh mango salsa recipe comes together very quickly – so is very easy to make. Those who are a little more adventurous can experiment with adding another layer of flavor by charring the chile peppers or adding some grilled pineapple. Try it alongside our Pineapple Chipotle Chicken Bacon and Egg Potato Salad and Coleslaw with Blue Cheese for a perfect summer barbecue menu.
Additional Salsa Recipes to try!
Fresh Mango Serrano Chile Salsa
Easy Fresh Mango and Serrano Chile Salsa. Perfect side dish for grilled meats and fish or in a refreshing salad. It's also a nice alternative to tomato salsa with chips or in tacos.
- 1 Medium Fresh Mango
- 1 - 2 Serrano Chile Peppers
- 1 Small Red Onion
- 2 Roma Tomatoes
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper
- Juice of 1 Lime (about 2 tablespoons or 30 ml)
- 1/4 Cup (about 1/3 of a bunch) Fresh Cilantro, Roughly Chopped
- Dice the mango and red onion.
- Remove seeds and membranes from the peppers.
- Dice the red pepper (roughly the same size as the mango) and finely dice the Serrano chile pepper. It's a good idea to use gloves when slicing chile peppers as the heat from them can linger on your skin.
- Remove the seeds from the tomatoes and dice.
- Add the cilanto and lime juice.
- Mix gently and refrigerate about an hour in the refrigerator before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 70Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 4mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 2gSugar 14gProtein 1g
Chicken Tagine with Apricot, Prunes and Preserved Lemon
Friday 23rd of September 2022
I'm going to make this recipe for my Spanish class. Hope it turns out good :). Keep you Updated!