Buffalo Chickpea Dip is an excellent Hummus variation if you love the flavors of Spicy Buffalo Dip.
I’m a bit of a buffalo wing nut — I love wings. But I’m very particular, too. Wings need to be crispy, the hot sauce must be the perfect mix of heat and flavor, and the accompanying sauce should be blue cheese dressing with chunks of real blue cheese.
This hummus recipe takes all of the delicious flavors I look for in buffalo wings, and turns them into a much healthier (and easier) hummus dip
Add to your recipe collection on Pinterest or bookmark for later!
We use Frank’s Red Hot sauce because it’s the original. It has that unique “buffalo” flavor that you don’t get from many other hot sauces.
That said, you can probably substitute your favorite hot sauce for Frank’s, if you’re not a purist.
And, for you Vegans out there, just skip the cheese!
If you love spicy chickpea dips, you might enjoy this fun variation: Hummus with Chipotles in Adobe. A spicy dip with a of smokiness from the chipotles (smoked jalapenos).
Here are some additional appetizer recipes you might enjoy!
- 2 - 14 oz (396 g) Cans Chickpeas, (garbanzos)
- ½ Cup (118 ml) Water
- ¼ Cup (59 ml) Tahini
- ¼ Cup (59 ml) Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- ¼ Cup (59 ml) Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Lemon Juice
- ½ Teaspoon (2.84 g) Salt
- 1 Tablespoon (14 g) + Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Green onions, As a garnish
- Carrot Sticks, Celery Sticks, Tortilla Chips for dipping
- Drain the chickpeas then add them along with the, tahini, hot sauce, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and salt to food processor or blender and blend until a thick paste is formed.
- Add 1/2 of the water and blend.
- Continue to add water until the hummus has reached your desired consistency.
- Add blue cheese and pulse food processor to mix.
- Garnish with additional blue cheese and green onions. Serve with carrot and celery sticks and whatever else you'd like. Toasted pita wedges, tortilla chips and pretzels all work well.
Amount Per Serving Calories 239Total Fat 8.8gSaturated Fat 1.3gSodium 244mgCarbohydrates 31,4gFiber 9.1gSugar 5.5gProtein 10.5g