I’m a bit of a buffalo wing nut – I love wings. But I’m very particular, too. Wings need to be crispy, the hot sauce must be the perfect mix of heat and flavor, and the accompanying sauce should be blue cheese dressing with chunks of real blue cheese. This hummus recipe takes all of the delicious flavors I look for in buffalo wings, and turns them into a much healthier (and easier) hummus dip.
We use Frank’s Red Hot sauce because it’s the original. It has that unique “buffalo” flavor that you don’t get from many other hot sauces. That said, you can probably substitute your favorite hot sauce for Frank’s, if you’re not a purist.
And, for you Vegans out there, just skip the cheese!
- 2 14 oz cans Chickpeas, (garbanzos)
- ½ Cup Water
- ¼ Cup Tahini
- ¼ Cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon + Blue Cheese
- Green onions, As a garnish
- carrot sticks
- celery sticks
- Drain the chickpeas then add them along with the, tahini, hot sauce, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and salt to food processor or blender and blend until a thick paste is formed.
- Add 1/2 of the water and blend.
- Continue to add water until the hummus has reached your desired consistency.
- Add blue cheese and pulse food processor to mix.
- Garnish with additional blue cheese and green onions. Serve with carrot and celery sticks and whatever else you´d like. Toasted pita wedges, tortilla chips and pretzels all work well.
Add to your recipe collection on Pinterest!
Related recipes you might enjoy (or visit our Appetizers section to see our full collection of appetizer recipes inspired by our ongoing travels around the world.: