Here are some additional Eastern European dishes that you might enjoy!
- 3 medium or 1.5 kg. Zucchini (6 cups shredded)
- - 1/2 cup (100 g sour cream)
- 1/2 Cup (100 g) Ricotta Cheese
- - 2 tablespoons (28g) flour
- - 4 eggs
- - 1/2 cup (100 g) Feta Cheese Crumbled
- 1/2 cup (100 g) Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup (100 g) Swiss Cheese
- 1/4 Cup (50g) Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup (100g) Mozzarella Cheese
- - 1 cup (200g) cooked ham cut in small cubes
- - 2 green onions diced
- 1 small bunch chopped fresh Parsley or fresh Dill
- - 2 tablespoons (28g) breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 Cherry Tomatoes (as a garnish)
- - 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- Wash and grate the zucchini. Set a handful aside.
- Lightly salt the remaining zucchini and toss. Place in a covered dish in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Remove the zucchini from the fridge and press it in a cheese cloth or kitchen towel to remove excess water.
- In another bowl combine the sour cream, eggs, garlic, flour, salt and pepper
- Gently fold in the ricotta, feta, cheddar and Swiss cheese
- Fold in the green onion, fresh dill or parsley and the drained zucchini.
- Coat a shallow baking dish butter and evenly disperse the bread crumbs around the top and sides of the dish.
- Spread the zucchini and cheese mixture into the baking dish
- Cover the top with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese and evenly spread the handful of zucchini that was set aside and cherry tomato slices.
- Cover with foil
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees C (375 F) for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil, and continue baking until the center is set and the cheese is golden brown.
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 303Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 133mgSodium 552mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 5gSugar 10gProtein 22g
Nutritional values are estimates and will vary depending on the specific ingredients used
Some of the links on this article are affiliate links, which means that if you click on them and make a purchase, we receive a small referral fee. If you find the links useful and do make a purchase, thanks so much for your support!