These Roasted Brussel Sprouts in a Red Wine Vinaigrette spiked with Dijon Mustard and Crisp Pancetta Bacon is a new favorite side dish.
I’ll admit that growing up I wasn’t a big fan of brussel sprouts. I have since changed my mind completely – or maybe its another example of the adage – everything is better with bacon.
Evidence my other new favorite sprout recipe – Brussel Sprout Slaw with Bacon and Blue Cheese.
My previous introductions to brussel sprouts had been after they were thoroughly boiled to the point of mush. They bear no resemblance to this version.
Meet the new sprout, roasted until they become caramelized and then paired with pancetta bacon and a vinaigrette with red wine vinegar and briny Dijon mustard. I could sit down and tuck into a dish of these spouts and polish them off all by myself.
Pin it for later!
Here are some additional side dishes, inspired by our travels around the world that you might enjoy!
Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta and Red Wine Vinaigrette
Roasted Brussel Sprouts in a Red Wine and Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette with Crispy Pancetta Bacon.
- 2 lbs (1 kg) Brussel Sprouts , stems removed, washed and cut in half
- 1/2 cup (75 g) diced Pancetta bacon
- 4 tablespoons (60 ml) Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons (10.5 g) Dijon or Grain Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the sprouts and pancetta with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place the mixture on a baking sheet and spread evenly. Roast until the spouts begin to brown - about 20 minutes. Note: If you like your bacon extra crispy, brown them slightly first and use the drippings in your vinaigrette sauce.
- In the mean time whisk together the vinegar, mustard and remaining olive oil.
- Remove the roasted brussel sprouts from the oven and place in a serving bowl.
- Drizzle over the spouts, toss and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 100Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 4mgSodium 94mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 2g
Nutritional Values are Estimates Only
See additional recipes inspired from our travels around the world in our International Recipes section.