Looking for a change from your typical everyday cheeseburger? Adding chorizo (spicy sausage) takes the flavor of an average burger to a whole new level.
There are several varieties of chorizo to choose from, such as smoked Spanish-style sausage made with paprika or spicy Mexican-style sausage spiked with chili peppers.
The consistency of the chorizo should be similar to the chuck beef once removed from the casing.
Add the recipe to your collection on Pinterest or bookmark it for later!
The additional flavor from the sausage when combined with the beef makes for a juicy burger that works perfectly in this miniaturized slider.
The slightly citrus flavors in fresh guacamole made with lime and cilantro rounds out the flavor and makes this slider the perfect little bite!
Looking for a great side dish to go with sliders? Try this delicious Southern Mac and Cheese or our popular Potato Salad recipe!
Visit our food finds section to browse through our collection of recipes inspired by our ongoing travels around the world!
Here are some related recipes from South of the Border that you might enjoy:
Beef and Chorizo Sliders with Guacamole
Mini Hamburgers made with a combination of beef and chorizo sausage, topped with guacamole and cheddar cheese
- 1 lb. Ground Chuck Beef
- 1 lb. Chorizo Sausage - casing removed
- 6 oz. Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Guacamole
- 6 Slider Buns
- Place the ground beef and chorizo sausage in a bowl.
- Mix gently, being careful not to overwork the meat.
- Form the meat into six equal-sized patties.
- Using a grill or skillet, cook the patties until they are completely browned on one side (about 5 minutes).
- Turn them over, cook for another 2 minutes and then add the cheese.
- Continue cooking until the cheese is melted and the patties are cooked through.
- Stack the burgers into slider rolls and top with guacamole.